Your privacy, and the privacy of the registered users of the ClientSky application and website located at www.clientsky.com (collectively, the “Site”), is important to us. In connection with your use of the Site and the services provided by the Site (such services and the Site, collectively, the "Service"), we ask for and may collect a variety of information as more fully described below.
- How and why we collect certain information from you via the Service;
- How we use and with whom we share such information;
- How you can access and update such information; and
- The choices you can make about how we collect, use and share your information.
1. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
A. PERSONAL INFORMATION: REGISTRATION, ACCOUNT AND USER DATA
We collect personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) about you and your use of the Service, as described in more detail below:
Registration Information. When you create an account to use the Service (an “Account”), you must provide information including:
- Your first and last name
- Your title
- Your phone number
- Your email address (which must be a functioning email address)
- Your industry
- Your company name
- Your address
- A password
- Credit card information
Of these categories of information, we will not publicly disclose your password or credit card information.
Additional User Information. You may also provide us with additional information in connection with your use of the Service (“User Information”), including:
- Transactional information based on your activities on the Site (such as information included in a proposal and information collected by the Service in connection with sending a proposal, receiving a proposal or reviewing a proposal) and other information you provide in connection with your use of the Service.
- Personal information you provide to us through information pages, email correspondence, chats, dispute resolution or shared by you from other social applications, services, or websites.
- Additional personal information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating Site policies.
Information Obtained From Third Party Services. In some cases, we may obtain supplemental information about you from third parties such as demographic and navigation data, as permitted by law. To the extent we obtain such information, we may use the information about you that we receive from third parties to improve and personalize the Service.
Promotions. From time to time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys, contests or sweepstakes (collectively, “Promotions”) on the Site. If you decide to participate, we will request certain Personal Information from you. Participation in Promotions is voluntary and you have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. We may use this information to administer your participation in each Promotion.
Blog. ClientSky offers a publicly accessible blog, accessible at http://blog.clientsky.com/ (“Blog”). You should be aware that any information you provide on the Blog, including, but not limited to, comments, may be read, collected and used by others who access the Blog. To request removal of your Personal Information from the Blog, contact us at email@example.com.
Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other Site users with whom you may choose to share your information or engage in a transaction. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that content you post on the Site will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of content you post may remain viewable in cached and archived pages on the Internet or if other Site users have copied or stored content you post. Any improper collection or misuse of information provided using the Service is a violation of the Service terms and should be reported via firstname.lastname@example.org.
B. NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may also collect aggregate, non-personally identifiable information about you and your use of the Service, as described in more detail below, including by using "cookies," web beacons, local shared objects, or other types of tracking technology (collectively “Non Personal Information”).
Log Data. Our servers may automatically record log data information ("Log Data") from anyone who uses the Service. Log Data may contain details such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the address of the web page you were visiting before you came to the Site, date and time of your request and one or more cookies with the help of which your browser can be recognized. Other actions, such as interactions with our Service and advertisements, may also be included in the Log Data.
Device Information. We may also collect information about the device you’re using the Service from, including your phone number, the type of device, the operating system being used to use the Service, device settings and unique device identifiers.
Location Information: We may collect and store location information regarding your use of the Service and any content you provide. This includes, but is not limited to, GPS, geo-location and geo-tagging information. We may use such location information to improve and personalize the Service for you.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU
We may use both Personal Information and Non-Personal Information collected from you in any one or more of the following ways:
Personal Information may be used as follows:
- To register and service your Account;
- To transmit proposals
- To resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- To prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Site terms;
- To compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- For our internal records, tracking and business purposes;
- To contact you to respond to your questions or requests or to provide you with technical support;
- To provide you with information regarding changes to the Service which may affect your Account, your use of the Service, and/or the products and services available through the Service; and
- To promote the Service on third party sites.
Non-Personal Information may be used for various purposes, including:
- To improve the Service;
- To customize the user experience of the Service;
- To administer the Service;
- To analyze trends, track user movement and gather statistical information for aggregate use; and
- To promote the Service or customize advertising that may be visible to you in connection with the Service.
3. HOW WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU
Your information may be shared as follows:
Proposal Transactions. In order to complete the transmission of a proposal, the sender and recipient(s) are provided with each other’s relevant Personal Information, including but not limited to, name, title, company and contact information.
Safety, Security And Compliance With Laws. We may disclose any information, including Personal Information, to law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation, investigation of fraud, alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other user to legal liability. In such events, we will disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, payment history, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation. Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the ClientSky community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Business Transfers. In the event Arrow Performance LLC d/b/a Jaroop undergoes a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, we may transfer your Personal Information to the successor organization in such transaction. If, in our reasonable discretion, believe that material changes to ClientSky’s privacy practices will occur as a result of the business transition, we will attempt to notify you via email and will post a notice on the Site alerting you to the business transition prior to transferring your Personal Information so that we can elect whether to delete your account.
To Service Providers Performing Services On Our Behalf. We may contract with third party companies to perform services on our behalf, including payment processors, fraud investigations, bill collection, rewards programs, site operations, marketing assistance, e-mail delivery, hosting services, customer service and data analysis.
Testimonials. We may post user testimonials on our Site which may contain Personal Information. We do obtain the user’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. If you wish to request the removal of your testimonial, you may contact us at email@example.com.
4. HOW TO ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
You can access and update the information that you have provided to us as follows:
- You may contact us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to review or make changes to your Personal Information collected by us; or
- You may review and make changes to certain of your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information by logging into your Account and updating your Account profile.
- Deleting your Account may not fully remove the content you have published from our systems, as caching of, backups of, copies of, or references to your Account profile may not be immediately removed. In addition, given the nature of the Services, some of the activity on your Account prior to deletion may remain stored on our servers and accessible to other users.
5. GENERAL TERMS
Security. We use reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard Personal Information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. Regardless of the precautions taken by you or by us, "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you transmit such information at your own risk. While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of the Site, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. We urge you to take steps to keep your Personal Information safe (including your Account password), and log out of your Account after use.
Minimum Age. Users of the Site must be at least 18 years of age. We do not knowingly accept registrations from users that are under 18. We will delete Accounts of any users that we find to be under the age of 18. If you become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information or is using the Service without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com. Furthermore, if you are aware that any child under the age of 18 has become a registered user, please inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can take the appropriate steps to remove the Account and any related Personal Information.
California Statutory Rights. Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83 – 1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties for those third parties' direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following to the following address: Jaroop, 279 New Britain Road, Suite 2, Berlin, Connecticut 06037. In your request, please specify that you want a “ClientSky California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow 30 business days for a response.
E.U. Safe Harbor. The United States Department of Commerce and the European Commission have agreed on a set of data protection principles and frequently asked questions (FAQ) to enable U.S. companies to satisfy European Union (EU) law requirements for adequate protection of personal information transferred from the European Economic Association (EEA) to the United States. We adhere to the Safe Harbor Principles outlined below. The privacy principles in this policy are based on the Safe Harbor Principles. We do not collect personal information directly from individuals in the EU. Personal information may exist in proposals that are uploaded to a ClientSky-controlled server from an EEA organization for processing. To the extent permitted in the Safe Harbor Agreement, we reserve the right to process personal information in the course of providing hosted electronic proposal execution services to our clients without the knowledge of individuals involved. We will not knowingly disclose Personal Information to third parties, except when one or more of the following conditions is true:
- We have the individual’s permission to make the disclosure.
- The disclosure is required by law or professional standards.
- The information in question is publicly available.
- The disclosure is reasonably necessary for the establishment or defense of legal claims.